Cauliflower Yogurt Salad Recipe
Again a Turkish salad and again with yogurt and garlic. Sorry, not sorry. We love it. We can eat everything mixing or topping with yogurt and garlic. If you like this couple you will also like this salad, even if you don't like cauliflower. Salads made with garlic yogurt are generally successful no matter what they are made of. But there are ways of ruining them. The biggest two killers of yogurt salads are sour yogurt and juicy yogurt. I am talking about a sourness that suppresses the taste of everything by the way, not a slight sourness.
Juicy yogurt is the second one. You don't have to have strained yogurt at home and use strained yogurt in every recipe. When you take a tablespoon of yogurt, it should be able to stand still in a heaping manner. If you do not have a yogurt in such a consistency, it is not important, because there is a cure. Just place a cheese cloth into a strainer, put your yogurt in the cloth and set aside 20 mins. All the extra juice of the yogurt will be gone you will get a thick yogurt.
Of course, it is not only the yogurt's own consistency that makes yogurt salads juicy. If the ingredients you combine with yogurt is juicy, your salad will be juicy. For this reason, it is necessary to very well strain the ingredients before using. And, of course, you need to add them to yogurt after they are completely cooled down. Because the yogurt that you mix with hot ingredients will curdle and it will release water which will ruin all of your efforts to make a delicious salad.
Enjoy the recipe...
- Half of a cauliflower (250-300 g) ,
- 1,5 cups of yogurt,
- 1 clove of garlic,
- Salt to taste,
- Olive oil, walnuts, chili peppers and chopped parsley for topping.
- Pull apart the florets of cauliflower and take into a saucepan, add water enough to cover,
- Cover the lid and cook until soft,
- Drain and allow them to cool,
- Take in a bowl, add yogurt, crushed garlic and salt according to your taste and mix,
- Take the salad on a serving plate and decorate with olive oil, walnuts, chili peppers and chopped parsley.