Beet Root Leaf Dish With Ground Beef
Beet leaf is a green vegetable that I started to consume more often after I moved to Spain. The main reason for this is that it is not easily available everywhere in Turkey and it is easily available everywhere in Spain. The second reason is that rooted spinach suitable for our spinach dishes is not available everywhere in Spain. Although packaged spinach can be cooked, they do not give very good results in the spinach dishes in terms of taste. If only a handful of spinach needs to be used in a meal, it can be used for it.
In summary, when it was difficult for me to find spinach to my liking, I turned to chard and beet leaves, which I could find much more easily. While we are talking about chard, let's not forget to mention the recipe for bulgur meatballs with chard.
If we go back to the beet leaf dish with ground beef... Those who follow closely know that I do not like ground beef in vegetable dishes. But sometimes, especially if I have few ingredients or don't have a side dish, I can cook meat and vegetables not only to share a recipe but also of my own free will in order to make the meal more satisfying. I also prepared the beet leaf dish with ground beef on such a day. When a person does something lovingly and willingly, it is beautiful even if there is something he does not like in it. That's why the beetroot dish with ground beef was so delicious for me. Of course, the taste of the ground beef used is also very important. When you use a very fatty, heavy-smelling ground beef, its smell will pass into the food. Therefore, a tender and lean meat is more suitable for vegetable dishes.
Homemade yogurt is a must for meals made with green leafy vegetables (for Turks), with or without ground beef. When you make a soup before the main dish, you will prepare a light and satisfying menu.
Enjoy the recipe...
- 1 bunch of beet leaves,
- 1 onion,
- 100 g lean ground beef,
- 1/4 cup of rice,
- 1 tablespoon of tomato paste,
- 4-5 tablespoons of olive oil,
- Chop the onion finely,
- Heat the olive oil and fry the onions,
- Add the ground beef,
- After the color of the ground beef starts to change, add the tomato paste and stir fry until it starts to smell good,
- Finely chop the beet leaves and add them to the ground beef,
- After the leaves have thawed and decreased, add the rice and mix,
- Add 2 cusp of boiling water, close the lid and let it cook on low heat,
- When the rice is cooked and its water is absorbed (check it occasionally and add boiling water if needed), add salt, mix and remove from the heat.
Enjoy your meal...