If you want to add a fun element to your good old regular mashed potatoes, you have to try this recipe! The spinach not only adds color, but also a delicious twist to the taste still maintaining the rich creaminess and butteriness. You can use this recipe as a side dish to any meat or fish meals. You can twist it using swiss chard or other green leafy vegetables. If your kids refuse to eat green leafy vegetables, this is the recipe you have been looking for!
- 4 potatoes,
- 1/2 bunch spinach (1 cup cooked),
- 1/2 whole milk,
- 3 tablespoons grated cheddar,
- 1 tablespoon butter,
- Black pepper.
- Boil the potatoes,
- Melt the butter and add the finely chopped spinach, then cook until it withers,
- Add the cooked spinach and boiled potatoes into a food processor and puree them,
- Add the milk and cook over low heat until you reach the desired creamy consistency,
- Add the cheddar, salt and black pepper, stir, and remove from heat.