For this recipe you can either make your own cream cheese by mixing together some feta cheese with water or use store-bought cream cheese. As for the vegetable, you can use spinach, leek, beet leaves, kale, parsley or pretty much anything you like. This is a great breakfast, snack or afternoon tea recipe. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did.
- 1/2 bunch spinach
- 4 eggs (yolks and whites separated),
- 3 tablespoons breadcrumbs,
- 1/4 cup olive oil,
- Black pepper,
- Cream cheese.
- Puree the spinach in a food processor or blender,
- Using a spatula mix together the spinach puree, 4 egg yolks, breadcrumbs, olive oil, salt and pepper,
- In a separate bowl beat the egg whites until you get stiff peaks,
- Fold the egg whites into the other mixture until you get a homogenous batter,
- Spread the batter in a baking dish lined with parchment paper,
- Bake at 190 degrees celsius preheated oven for 15-20 mins,
- Remove from the oven and immediately roll it from the longer side, keeping the parchment paper inside,
- Cover with a kitchen towel and let it rest,
- After 10 minutes, unroll, remove the parchment and smear cream cheese all over, then roll back,
- Cut into slices and serve.