Ali nazik kebap is a perfect dish for the summer. But unfortunately it is not a suitable alternative for vegetarians because it contains meat. With this recipe, I made ali nazik vegetarian. By the way, I want you to see this recipe as a door that offers you unlimited freedom, not as an instruction that limits you.
I’m preparing it artichokes and eating with incredible pleasure. But you can cook it with any vegetable you want. When I think about summer, the first vegetables that come to mind are zucchinis, peas, purslane, green beans and okra for example. After preparing the base of ali nazik, you can cook a delicious, no broth vegetable dish on top.
By the way, if you want to prepare it with artichokes you can use artichoke bowls or hearths and you can use them both fresh or frozen.
Enjoy the recipe…
For the base;
- 4 large eggplants,
- 2 cups of plain yogurt,
- 1 clove of garlic,
- Salt to taste.
- 4 artichoke bowls,
- 2 cups fresh peas,
- 1 carrot,
- 1 onion,
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste,
- 1 cup water,
- 4-5 tablespoons of olive oil,
- Fire roast eggplants on the stove (or bake) and allow to cool,
- Take the artichoke bowls, peas and peeled carrots into a pot, add water to pass over and simmer until softened,
- Chop carrots and artichokes,
- Heat the olive oil in a pan,
- Add the chopped onion and sauté until softened,
- Add the tomato paste and sauté until smells good,
- Add peas, artichokes and carrots and mix,
- Add the water and salt and bring to a boil and remove from heat,
- Chop the eggplants and add yoghurt, crushed garlic and salt according to your taste,
- Divide the eggplant mixture into the serving plates,
- Top with the artichoke mixture and decorate with chopped greens and chili peppers.