Steam Kebab Recipe
It's actually a summer dish because of the eggplant. But since it is a very oily dish, it seems to suit the winter better. In any case, since both crop growing technologies and long-term storage technologies have developed, vegetables are out of season. It is possible to find aubergines in all seasons in markets. Those who do not like to buy vegetables out of season can throw their vegetables in the freezer during the summer and consume them whenever they want. For this reason, İslim kebab has become a dish that you can cook and eat whenever you want.
Enjoy the recipe...
- 4-5 eggplants,
- 500 g of ground beef,
- 1 egg,
- 1 onion,
- 2-3 tablespoons of breadcrumbs,
- 1 teaspoon of cumin,
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper,
- Oil to fry,
- Tomatoes and peppers,
For the Sauce:
- 2 cups of water
- 1 tablespoon of tomato paste,
- 2 teaspoons of paprika.
- For the meatballs, mix together the meat, grated onion, egg, breadcrumbs, salt, black pepper and cumin in a large bowl,
- Form into 10 mandarine size patties,
- Peel the eggplants and slice vertically,
- Soak them in salty water for 20 mins,
- Drain and pat them dry with paper towel,
- Fry them in hot oil on both sides,
- Now fry the meatballs in the same pan,
- Wrap the meatballs in 2 slices of eggplants and secure with a toothpick, then place on a baking dish,
- Place a piece of tomato and pepper on each,
- For the sauce, mix together the water, tomato paste and paprika and pour it over the meatballs in the baking dish,
- Bake at 190 degrees celsius for 20-25 mins.