Çökertme Kebabı Recipe
There is a misknowledge all around the world that doner means kebab or kebab is doner. No, it's not. Kebab is not one simple dish. It's the name of a food category. We have tas kebab, Adana kebab, Ali nazik kebab. Probably it will be a wrong generalization but we call most of the dishes prepared with meat as kebab.
Çökertme kebabı is also a meat dish. It originates from the Çökertme region of Bodrum. It's basically fried tiny potatoes topped with yogurt, sauteed meat and tomato sauce.
Yes again garlic yogurt🙈We love it and believe that it makes every dish more delicious. Sorry not sorry.
Enjoy the recipe...
- 800 g beef tenderloin, chopped,
- 6 potatoes,
- 2 cups of yogurt,
- 1 clove of garlic,
- 2 tablespoons of tomato paste,
- 1/4 cup boiling water,
- Oil for frying.
- Chop the potatoes as thin as possible and take into a bowl full of water,
- Drain and wash under running water and drain,
- Deep fry the potatoes in hot oil,
- Heat a large pan and add beef, sautee until it looses water and the water is evaporated,
- Add 3-4 tbsps oil and sautee until brown part by part,
- Add salt and pepper, stir and remove from heat,
- For sauce heat 2 tbsps oil in a sauce pan and add tomato paste, sautee until smells good,
- Add water and a little salt, stir and remove from heat,
- Combine yogurt, crushed garlic and salt in a bowl and mix well,
- Transfer fried potatoes in serving plates, top with yogurt sauce, beef and then tomato sauce.