- 400 gr. ground beef or lamb,
- 1 onion, grated
- 4 tablespoons of bread crumbs,
- 1 teaspoon black pepper,
- 1 teaspoon cumin,
- 1 teaspoon paprika,
- Vegetable oil to fry.
For tomato sauce;
- 10 tablespoons grated tomatoes,
- 4 cloves of crushed garlic,
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar,
- 1 teaspoon salt,
- 1 tablespoon vinegar,
- 1 cup water.
- Put all the meatball ingredients in a large bowl and mix well with your hands,
- Let it rest for half an hour, then form small oval shaped balls,
- Fry in hot vegetable oil on both sides,
- For the sauce put all the ingredients in a small saucepan and cook on medium heat until it boils,
- Once it boils, lower the heat and cook for 5 more minutes,
- Place the meatballs on the serving platter,
- Pour the tomato sauce over the meatballs,
- Decorate with fresh mint or basil leaves.