Vermicelli Soup With Ground Beef Recipe
When I was little, my grandmother cook vermicelli soup too often. But she wasn't cooking it always in the same way. The basis was the same, but the soup could be diversified according to the ingredients at home at that moment. This is the reason I have so many vermicelli soup recipes.
My vermicelli soup recipe is the most basic one. Chicken vermicelli soup and vermicelli soup with liver are two of my grandmother's varieties. Another is vermicelli soup with minced meat. Since I don't like ground beef recipes, I don't cook it very often, but it occasionally comes to my mind and I cook it it to satisfy my longing for that flavor from my childhood.
The reason why I do not prefer ground beef dishes so much is that the dishes made by other people are usually high in oil amount. When I think of green bean stew with ground beef, I think of the beans and ground beef floating in a very oily water, even though I myself have done it many times before and I know it doesn't have to be like that.
One of the reasons for these high oil dishes is that they use a lot of oil or butter, another reason is the use of fatty ground beef. If you do not want to make ground beef dishes with an unappetizing image, use lean ground beef in your dishes. You add enough oil to the food already, and when the fat in the ground beef melts and mixes with the food, the dish becomes too oily. This also applies to vermicelli soup with ground beef. In order for your soup not to be oily and heavy, it is useful to choose lean ground beef.
Enjoy the recipe...
- 100 g lean ground beef,
- 1 small onion, chopped,
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped,
- 1 green pepper, chopped,
- 1 tomato, chopped,
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste,
- 5-6 tablespoons of olive oil,
- 1/2 cup of vermicelli,
- 5-6 cups of water at room temperature,
- 1 teaspoon of dried mint.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan and add the onion, pepper and garlic and stir fry until soft,
- Add the ground beef and stir fry until all the water is evaporated,
- Add tomato paste and stir fry until it smells good,
- Add the diced tomato and stir fry until softens,
- Add 5 cups of water and vermicelli and stir well,
- Stirring frequently, cook until the vermicelli is soft, with the lid ajar,
- If necessary, add 1 more cup of water (take into account that the vermicelli will swell and increase as they wait),
- Add salt and mint, mix and remove from heat.