I have a recipe which has healing feature that is most needed in the winter season; bone broth soup. Prepare the bone broths, we are cooking a super food. I wanted to give a delicious soup recipe to those who are looking for recipes with bone broth. This is close to the Turkish meat soup. However, it is prepared with lemon, instead of vinegar and it contains extra yogurt and a little bit of vermicelli.
I usually make this soup as soon as I boil bone broth. I don’t boil kilos of bones. I usually get around 1.5-2 liters of bone broth. I make soup with half of it and freeze the other half. If I am not cooking a meat based soup like this, if I only use bone broth for flavoring, much less bone broth is enough anyway.
Does it make it heavy to make the soup completely with bone broth? Not for me. But I use bone broth after getting rid of its fat completely. If used with fat, it will definitely be heavy, but not because of bone broth, but because of the fat it contains. However, if you have experience and if you know that it will be heavy for you, you can reduce the risk of disliking the soup by using half water and half broth on your first try and decide how to act in your next try after tasting it.
- 5 cups of bone broth
- 2 tablespoons of flour,
- If any, meats you have shredded from bones,
- 1/4 cup of vermicelli,
- 4-5 tablespoons of olive oil,
- 1 egg yolk,
- 4 tablespoons of yoghurt,
- 1/2 lemon juice,
- 1 handful of chopped parsley,
- Freshly ground black pepper.
- Heat the oil in a deep pan, add flour and stir fry until smells good,
- Add bone broth and mix quickly,
- Mix and cook until there is no lump and it thickens (if you cannot prevent it from clumping, you can blend it with a hand blender),
- If you have just boiled the bones and there are pieces of meat that you have shredded, add them and vermicelli and mix,
- Cover the lid and cook until vermicelli is soft,
- Whisk the egg yolk, yogurt and lemon juice in a separate bowl for dressing,
- Take a ladle of the soup, add it to the dressing and whisk quickly,
- Add the dressing to the soup and mix quickly,
- Cook a few mins. more, constantly stirring and remove from heat,
- Add salt, pepper and parsley and mix.