Today one more chicken soup is added to other chicken soup friends in the blog. Everybody has a different approach to the soup. Some only love certain soups, some drink only when necessary. Soup is not a food it is a lifestyle for a group, in which we are involved with my husband. I’m joking of course, we are not at this level yet:) But we love soups.
I think I’ve said many times before, we don’t like to eat different kinds of food. We don’t have a diet like soup first, then main course, then pasta or something. When our palate is used to something and we like it, we don’t want to get to another taste. If we have a very tasty soup, we would like to have another bowl of soup instead of a different dish even if we love it. So when I cook a full, nutritious and delicious soup like this chicken soup with chickpeas, I don’t cook a main course. I cook, we eat and no leftovers. If I cook an extra dish, won’t we eat? Yes we would eat just because I cooked. But it would be a kind of waste, unnecessary consumption. I do not cook much food with this awareness and we do not eat unnecessarily.
I used two chicken chops left alone in the freezer. You can also use two drumsticks or half chicken breast instead. You don’t need to make any changes in the preparation process. But it is better to separate the skin when you use skinned chicken.
Enjoy the recipe…
- 2 chicken chops,
- 2 cup boiled chickpeas,
- 2 tablespoons vermicelli,
- 2 tablespoons of flour,
- 1 tbsp butter,
- Black pepper,
- Chopped parsley / mint / dill.
- Take the chicken to a small saucepan and add enough water to pass over it and cook until tender,
- Remove the chicken from the broth and shred,
- Melt the butter in a separate pot and add the flour and sautee until it smells good,
- Add the broth and add enough water to make it into 5 cups and mix until no lumps (if necessary, pulse with a hand blender),
- Add the shredded chicken and vermicelli and cook until the vermicelli is softened,
- Add chickpeas, salt and pepper and bring to a boil and remove from heat.