- 1 cup semolina,
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar,
- 1,5 cup water (depends on the semolina, have 2.5 cups of water on hand),
- 1/2 cup grated walnut or hazelnut,
- 1 tablespoon butter,
- 4 scoops of icecream.
- Melt the butter,
- Add the semolina and cook constantly stirring over low heat until the semolina turns lightly brown (20-25 mins),
- Add the sugar and stir,
- Add the water and cook stirring until the semolina absorbs the water,
- At this point you can add any kind of crushed toasted nuts if you want,
- Remove from heat and let it rest (lid on) for 15 mins,
- Rinse a small bowl with hot water,
- Put some halve inside and make a hole,
- Put some ice cream in this hole,
- Turn the halva upside down in a plate.