Semolina Halva With Icecream Recipe
I have always loved semolina halva. I have already shared a similar one in the past: walnut semolina halva recipe. Of course, ice cream is indispensable for semolina halva in summer. Even though I can't deal with burying it in halvah most of the time, I do not forget to put a ball of ice cream next to the semolina halva that I take on my plate.
Speaking of ice cream, I wanted to warn you about something. You know those ice creams sold in liter boxes, huh, some of them aren't actually ice cream. When buying your ice cream, read it carefully. Make sure it says ice cream on the box. Those who don't have ice cream don't write ice cream, instead, cool names like chocolate delight, pistachio carnival etc. When you look at the table of contents, you already see what it is. It writes vanilla-flavored milk ice-like stuff. Most of them don't even have milk in them.
Now we need to be much more careful about ready-made foods. Before you buy, read the package of every food you buy and the ingredients section.
Enjoy the recipe..
- 1 cup of semolina,
- 3/4 cup of granulated sugar,
- 1,5 cup of water (depends on the semolina, have 2.5 cups of water on hand),
- 1/2 cup of grated walnut or hazelnut,
- 1 tablespoon of butter,
- 4 scoops of ice cream.
- Melt the butter,
- Add the semolina and cook constantly stirring over low heat until the semolina turns lightly brown (20-25 mins),
- Add the sugar and stir,
- Add the water and cook stirring until the semolina absorbs the water,
- At this point you can add any kind of crushed toasted nuts if you want,
- Remove from heat and let it rest (lid on) for 15 mins,
- Rinse a small bowl with hot water,
- Put some halve inside and make a hole,
- Put some ice cream in this hole,
- Turn the halva upside down in a plate.