- 1 kg peeled pumpkin cut into large cubes,
- 2 cups granulated sugar,
- To garnish: chopped walnuts, hazelnuts or shredded coconut.
- Place the pumpkin cubes into a large saucepan and sprinkle the sugar,
- If you have time, let the pumpkins sit like this overnight,
- Or like I did, put the pan over low heat right away, since the heat also helps the pumpkin release all of its juices,
- Cook until the pumpkin is soft and absorbs all the water it initially released,
- Let it come to room temperature and then refrigerate,
- Garnish with chopped walnuts, hazelnuts or shredded coconut.