Olive Oil Okra Recipe
Olive oil recipes are one of the basic categories of Turkish cuicsine. They are generally cooked without tomato paste and served cold unlike general cooking style of Turkish cuisine. As they are served cold, they are generally cooked in summer. Olive oil green beans , celery root, stuffed green peppers and sarma are the most preferred ones but almost every vegetable can be cooked with olive oil.
If you don't know how to clean okras please watch my how to clean okra video. It's in Turkish but I'm sure it will give an idea.
Olive oil recipes are generally served cold as I said earlier but you can eat them hot also if you want.
Enjoy the recipe...
- 500 g of okra, the tips are cleaned,
- 1 onion, chopped,
- 1 tomato, chopped,
- 4 tablespoons olive oil,
- 1/2 lemon juice,
- 1 teaspoon sugar,
- 1 teaspoon salt,
- 1 teaspoon flour,
- 2 cups of water.
- Heat olive oil in a pot,
- Sautee the onion in the olive oil until it is half soft,
- Add the okras and tomatoes, mix well,
- Cover the lid and cook for five mins.,
- Beat lemon juice, sugar, salt, flour and water in a separate bowl,
- Add the mixture to the pot and mix,
- Cover the lid and cook until all are softened.