Mucver (Fried Zucchini Patties) Recipe
Mucver is a common summer dish. It can be served cold or eaten warm, which I like warm. Yogurt with garlic is a must for me. If I have time, I'll make it because I like the red pepper fried in oil in the garlic yoghurt. You can prepare it as a side dish or even a main course at dinner, or you can consume it for breakfast instead of pancakes. But I do not recommend using garlic yogurt for breakfast.
Joking aside, if you haven't tried it for breakfast yet, I suggest you try it this weekend. You will be surprised to see how well it goes with tea. While I was preparing the muffins, I forgot to add cheese in a hurry because I was very hungry. But you can add some white cheese if you have it at home.
I said I was very hungry while I was preparing the mucver. I even regretted for a while that I had decided to make a mucver. When I'm hungry, my hands and feet start to tremble. And I'd be angry so don't ask. Fortunately, no one was with me while I was cooking the muffins. That's why I took all my anger out on mucver. I know you will say how did you do it. I ate. Yes, I sat down and ate almost all the muffins I cooked. How can anger come out of a meal otherwise.
Fortunately, I managed to capture a few photos for you before we eat.
Enjoy the recipe...
- 3 medium green zucchinis,
- 3 eggs,
- 3 tablespoons flour,
- 1 handful minced parsley,
- Green onions or dill (optional),
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda,
- Salt, black pepper,
- Vegetable oil to fry,
- For the topping: Garlic yoghurt sauce.
- Peel and thinly grate the zucchinis,
- Squeeze all the water from the zucchinis using your hands,
- Whisk the eggs and mix with zucchinis until well combined,
- Add the baking soda, salt, and black pepper, then stir,
- Add the flour slowly to the mixture while stirring,
- Finally incorporate in the minced green onions or dill and stir,
- Heat some vegetable oil in a frying pan,
- Using a spoon, form round flat patties and place in hot oil,
- Shallow fry on both sides without crowding the pan too much,
- Pour over some crushed garlic and yoghurt mixture and serve!