As the weather warms up, we start craving lighter, fresher food, don’t we? I can’t think of anything that screams “summer” more than watermelon / feta cheese combo for example! I know for a fact that it is a staple of my household, as well as many other Turkish households during summer time. Anything with yoghurt and vegetables also have the same light taste and refreshening effect. This recipe is one of those fresh summer recipes that will accompany any main dish beautifully. You can use other summer vegetables like zucchini or eggplant. I chose carrots only because I like the orange color it gives off to the oil and eventually to the yoghurt. Spend only 10 mins of your life to make this recipe. I guarantee, you will not regret!
- 2 carrots,
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil,
- 10 tablespoons plain yoghurt,
- 2 cloves garlic
- Peel and slice the tomatoes,
- Heat the oil and fry the carrots on both sides,
- Crush the garlic,
- Mix together yoghurt, garlic and salt in a bowl and transfer onto a serving platter,
- Place the carrots on top.