One of the most popular dishes in the summer is mucver accompanied by plenty of garlic yoghurt. Although fried foods are considered in the heavy food category and are not recommended to be eaten in the summer heat, the best fried dishes are made in summer.
In addition to the Mücver recipe, I can count many examples such as Şakşuka, fried carrots, fried fava beans. Fries in Turkish cuisine are unthinkable without a garlic yogurt sauce. The refreshing effect of the garlic yogurt naturally makes the fries a summer meal. Of course, you shouldn’t forget about the watermelon accompanies the fries.
Oil Free Recipes
Because of many reasons, the foods that are fried in abundant oil have been replaced by their lean, lighter versions in recent years. The best oil-free alternative to the fritters is seen as baked zucchini hash browns, for example. Or it might be more accurate to say it would be seen. Because the taste of the fritters made in the waffle machine had not yet been tasted. As the taste and consistency made in the waffle machine is much more similar to that made in deep oil, it transforms the fritters into a feast visually.
If you don’t have a waffle maker, don’t worry, you can also use a toaster instead of a waffle maker. You just have to make sure that your machine has plates that never stick.
Whichever you do, the two things you should pay attention to most are to pour the mixture of mash into the machine after the machine is COMPLETELY hot and not to open it before it is cooked completely. The batter stick to the plate at first and does not leave the machine until it is completely cooked. If you open the machine while it is still sticked to the machine, half remains at the bottom and half at the top. Again, to prevent this, try to lift the top of the machine slowly instead of opening it in one quick move.
Let me underline the secret of the success of zucchini hash browns in general. The biggest secret of a flavorful zucchini hash brown with no doughy part left inside is to squeeze the zucchinis really well.
Enjoy the recipe…
- 3 medium sized green zucchinis,
- 1 medium carrot,
- 3 eggs,
- 3 tablespoons of flour,
- 1 handful of chopped parsley,
- Handful of spring onions, dill, parsley, fresh mint, etc. (optional)
- Salt, pepper,
- Yogurt with garlic for serving.
- Wash the zucchinis and peel if necessary,
- Wash and peel the carrot,
- Place a strainer in a deep bowl and grate the zucchini and carrot into the strainer with the thin part of the grater,
- Squeeze the juice by pressing thoroughly with your palm,
- Take them into a bowl,
- Add the eggs and whisk well,
- Add the salt and pepper to the flour and mix,
- Slowly add the flour mixture to zucchini mixture, whisk,
- Last add and mix chopped greens,
- Heat the waffle maker,
- With the help of a spoon, put the mixture piece by piece into the waffle maker, level it with the back of the spoon and press the top plate of the machine, cook both sides until golden brown, and gently lift it by the edges with a silicone spatula,
- Cook the remaining dough in the same way,
- Serve together with yogurt and garlic sauce.