Leek Mucver (Patties) Recipe
Even those who don't like zucchini love mucver. It would be a great meal with warm, garlic yogurt on it. I say try mucver with this leek version. I think it turns out much better than the pumpkin. If you increase the amount of cheese in it and serve it without yogurt, you can even consume it for breakfast.
As an even crazier idea; You can also make a nice leek hamburger by putting it between the hamburger buns and adding pickles, lettuce and mayonnaise. If you think that no matter what I do, I can make the children eat leeks, write this idea down.
It's a very good meal in itself. You can serve it as a hot starter or even use it as a main dish. Like kids, I like the crispiness of the little bits that are very fried around the edges the most. Try it and see what you like.
Enjoy the recipe...
- 3 leeks,
- 3 eggs,
- 4 tablespoons of flour,
- 3 tablespoons of crumbled feta,
- 1 handful of minced parsley,
- Black pepper,
- Vegetable oil to fry.
- Cut the leeks into thin slices,
- Sprinkle on some salt and rub the leeks with your hands until they release all of their water, then discard the water,
- Stir in the eggs and mix,
- Stir in the cheese, parsley, flour and black pepper and mix well,
- Heat the vegetable oil in a frying pan,
- Place 1 tablespoon of batter into the heated oil carefully, to form round shape leek patties,
- Fry on both sides until golden,
- Serve with garlic yogurt.