Margherita Pizza Recipe
You can find thousands of margherita pizza recipe online. Some are almost same and some are sone different. Looking all the recipes, one can say that the essence of this pizza is a yeast dough topped with tomatoes and mozzarella. So why are so many recipes? First reason is that, of course, people are trying to earn some money:) The other reason is that it's actually impossible to make a real, delicious margherita pizza at home but people are still trying to do that.
But why is it possible? First, without a wood a burning pizza oven you can't reach the crispy outside, soft inside, locally burned pizza crust. Second, it's hard (not impossible) to find an Italian quality mozzarella and tomatoes. If you can find all of these, eat margherita everyday:)
If not, you can make this almost-same pizza. It's not a Naples pizza but it's the best of home made pizzas. It's easy to prapare.
You can use fresh mozzarella instead of grated also. You can put the basil before or after baking. When baked it would change colour and would not seem fresh, but it will give a stronger taste. You decide which one you want more.
Enjoy the recipe...
- 3-3,5 cups of flour,
- 1/2 cup luke warm water,
- 1/2 cup luke warm milk,
- 1 egg yolk,
- 2 tsps instant yeast,
- 1 tsp sugar,
- 8 tablespoons olive oil,
- 1 tbsps tomato paste,
- 4 tomatoes,
- 300 g grated mozzarella,
- 2 tbsps grated parmesan,
- Mix water, milk and yeast in a deep bowl,
- Add egg yolk and mix,
- Add the flour slowly and knead until you get a non-sticky dough,
- Cover with a plastic wrap and set aside for 30 mins.,
- Knead the dough again and set aside for 20 mins more,
- Meanwhile grate the tomatoes,
- Heat 4 tbsps oil in a sauce pan,
- Add into the tomato paste and cook until smells good,
- Add grated tomatoes and cook for a few mins.,
- Add salt and remove from heat,
- While the oven tray is still in the oven, heat the oven to 200 degrees C.,
- Knead the dough again and divide into two pieces,
- Roll one piece in a round shape,
- Take the rolled dough into the hot oven tray,
- Spread half of the the grated tomato sauce over, place half of the cheeses,
- Bake until the edges are golden,
- Sprinkle thyme over and decorate with basil leaves.