Today I have a gluten free pizza recipe. It has no flour or any other ingredient with gluten. I made a crust with zucchini and chia seeds. This idea came to me after I shared chia seeds cracker recipe.
I didn’t want it to be crunchy, on the contrary I wanted it to be smooth. So I decreased the amount of chia seeds and used zucchini instead of water. It is wet inside and crunchy in the edges.
You can top the pizza with any ingredient you want. I chose tomatoes and pastırma which is Turkish beef bacon. You can use mushrooms, sucuk, cooked ground beef, etc.
Chopped fresh mint would also be wonderful for sprinkling over.
Enjoy the recipe…
- 3 green zucchinis,
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds,
- 150 g provolone or cheddar cheese,
- 5-6 cherry tomatoes,
- 2 slices of pastırma,
- 1 tsp dry mint,
- Grate the zucchinis on the thin side of the grater,
- Take grated zucchini into a strainer and squeeze it with your hand to drain the water (about 1-1.5 cups of water should come out)
- Take in a separate bowl and add salt, mint and chia seed and mix,
- Spread the mixture onto a baking sheet covered with parchement paper,
- Bake in a 190 degrees pre-heated oven on the grill setting until the top dries out,
- Remove it from the oven and turn it over on a new parchement paper,
- Bake again until the other side dries out,
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle grated cheese over,
- Place pastırma slices and round sliced tomatoes,
- Bake again until the cheese melts and the tomatoes are softened.