Although pizza is accepted as a dinner all over the world, since almost all of the ingredients used in us are breakfast ingredients, pizza is also made for breakfast as a mother's specialty. It was too late for me to learn this, as a matter of fact. After I started blogging, I saw in the comments I received that pizza is seen as breakfast by some. I admit that I was strange at first, and I'm sure it seems strange to many of you right now. But when you stop and think about it, one says why not. Bread, cheese, sausage, olives, etc. We already enjoy it for breakfast. What's so weird about putting them all together and eating them for breakfast?
If you ask me, I prefer it for dinner, frankly. But I think it's purely out of habit. For example, if my mother had made pizza for breakfast when I was a kid, I would probably have grown up thinking that pizza was some kind of breakfast food. So what did my mother put in front of me? Sour pepper. That's why the king breakfast for me is eksimikli biber, tomatoes and bread.
Maybe you've seen photos of traditional breakfasts from various countries of the world that are circulating on Facebook from time to time. Some of them have seafood, some of them dried beans, some of them ravioli... At first sight, one says thank God I was born in Turkey, but they probably think the same thing when they see our breakfasts. In short, what you do all the time is normal, what you see is always abnormal, this is very natural. But when you think about it, it becomes clear that the situation is not that dire, it is only necessary to keep common sense while thinking.
Enjoy the recipe
For the dough;
- 1+3/4 cup flour,
- 1/2 cup lukewarm water,
- 1 tbsp olive oil,
- 1 tsp instant yeast,
- 1 tsp sugar,
- 1 tsp salt.
- 2 tbsp of olive oil,
- 1 tbsp of tomato paste,
- 1 tsp of thyme,
- 1 clove of garlic, grated
- 150 g of grated mozzarella,
- 5-6 mushrooms, sliced,
- 1 red pepper, sliced,
- 100 g of pepperoni, sliced,
- 2 tbsp of canned corn,
- 2 tbsp of pitted, sliced black olives.
- In a deep bowl combine water, yeast and sugar together,
- Add flour step by step and start to mix with your fingers,
- When you add half of the flour add salt and olive oil together,
- Keep adding flour and knead until you reach an elastic, soft dough,
- Make a ball and cover with a plastic wrap,
- Set aside until double (for 45 mins.-1 hour),
- When the dough doubles knead again,
- Sprinkle some flour over a large baking pan,
- Roll the dough into a round shape in the pan by pressing with your hands,
- Brush the dough with olive oil,
- In a small bowl mix tomato paste, garlic and thyme together and brush the dough with the mixture,
- Sprinkle the mozzarella on top,
- Place pepperoni, mushrooms, pepper, corn and olives respectively on top,
- Bake in a 190 C degrees pre-heated oven until the edges are golden.