Fried Eggplant Salad Recipe
Serving : 4 Servings
- 4 eggplants,
- 6 green peppers,
- Vegetable oil to fry.
For the tomato sauce;
- 3 tomatoes,
- 1/2 tablespoon vinegar,
- 3 teaspoons salt,
- Black pepper,
- 2 teaspoon sugar,
- 2 tablespoons olive oil.
For the garlic yoghurt sauce;
- 2 cloves garlic,
- 2 cups plain yoghurt,
- Salt to taste,
- 1/3 cup water if the yoghurt is too thick.
- Peel the eggplants and cut into cubes,
- Soak in salty water for 15-20 mins, drain, rinse, then pat dry with paper towel,
- Fry in hot vegetable oil,
- Drain excess oil on a fine sieve,
- Cut the peppers into large pieces,
- Fry and drain excess oil,
- Grate the tomatoes and sauté in olive oil until soft,
- Add the vinegar, sugar, black pepper and salt, stir for 1 min, then remove from heat,
- For the garlic yoghurt sauce, crush the garlic,
- Add the garlic and salt into the yoghurt and whisk (add some water if needed),
- Mix the eggplants, peppers and tomato sauce in a large bowl,
- Transfer the mixture to a serving platter and pour the yoghurt sauce over, then serve.