The other day fried fava beans fell into my mind. What a beautiful summer evening dinner with plenty of garlic yogurt. Then I remembered the fresh beans in the fridge and decided to use them instead of going to the supermarket.
I just fried plain beans instead of covering them with flour. This means less labor and less calories. It doesn’t need to be fried in plenty of oil also. Because the actual cooking process takes place during boiling. The frying process is just for increasing the flavor with a mild caramelization. If you want crispy green beans you can use the same recipe as in fried fava beans. If you want to exaggerate a little more, you can make tempura as in zucchini tempura recipe.
I fried beans alone, but if you desire, you can prepare a şakşuka with addition of different vegetables.
You can use tomato sauce of şakşuka as well as preparing a more practical one. Just sautee some tomato paste in olive oil, add grated tomatoes and add some flavor with salt and any spices you like.
Enjoy the recipe…
- 1 kg green beans,
- Olive oil,
- Cut the end of the green beans,
- Boil plenty of water in a deep pan and add the beans,
- Cook until soft in medium heat and strain,
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large pan,
- Arrange the beans into the pan as a single layer and fry them on both sides,
- Add as much oil as needed each time and fry all the remaining beans,
- Serve with tomato sauce and/or garlic yogurt sauce.