Forest Kebab Recipe
I don't know about you, but when the weather starts to get cold, I start to prefer dishes that can be eaten with a nice buttery rice pilaf. The dishes that go best with rice are undoubtedly legumes such as dried beans, chicken with tomato paste such as chicken with vegetables, or vegetable dishes such as green beans.
Today, I have a good example of such dishes. As I said at the beginning, it is a very compatible dish with rice. Of course, there will definitely be a cacik or shepherd's salad on the side. You can't get the full flavor without a salad or a drink . If you haven't decided what to cook today, here is your menu.
Enjoy the recipe...
- 500 g of beef cut large chunks,
- 2 large potatoes,
- 2 carrots,
- 1 onion,
- 1 cup of canned peas,
- 1 tablespoon of tomato paste
- 1/4 cup of vegetable oil,
- 2 teaspoons of paprika,
- Place the meat in a pressure cooker and cook with no oil, until lightly brown,
- Add in the oil and finely chopped onion, then cook until the onion softens,
- Add in the tomato paste and stir for 2 mins,
- Add paprika and stir,
- Add the potatoes cut into chunks and sliced carrots,
- Sauté everything together for 2-3 mins stirring constantly,
- Submerge everything with hot water and put the lid on,
- Cook according to the instructions of your pressure cooker (until the meat softens),
- Open the lid, add in the peas and salt, then cook for 3-4 more mins.