Fried Rice Recipe
Fried rice is a type of rice dish that you can find in the cuisines of many different countries. In Turkish pilaf, rice is first roasted, then water is added and boiled. For fried rice the exact opposite is made. First, rice is boiled and then roasted with various ingredients.
These various ingredients added to fried rice may vary according to your taste. While onions, carrots, peppers and peas are generally used as vegetables or sometimes no vegetables are used. In addition to vegetables, chicken, shrimp or meat can also be added.
I tried to make this recipe a basic fried rice recipe. You can add the ingredients you want to add and remove the ingredients you want to remove. If you want to use chicken and meat, you can stir fry them in sesame oil before the vegetables and then add the vegetables. If you want to use shrimp, you can add it after roasting the vegetables. You don't need to do anything special to remove the vegetables. You can just skip them. You don't have to replace anything.
Fried rice will turn into a main dish when you add meat, chicken or shrimp. Another option is to make it as it is and serve it as a side dish alongside recipes such as sticky chicken thighs or Mongolian beef. Fried rice is a dish that is amazing either way.
Is Sesame Oil Necessary?
Not necessarily. You can use olive oil or butter instead. But if you want to get the best and original taste, I recommend using sesame oil.
But if you ask the same question about soy sauce, unfortunately it is not possible to compromise on that issue. Soy sauce is a must.
Does Egg Smell?
If your eggs are not spoiled or smelly, the fried rice you make will not smell either. Fried egg is an ingredient used in many dishes. It adds a very pleasant flavor and texture to the dish. Dishes with eggs do not smell eggs. When you use fresh eggs and cook them correctly, the dish will not smell.
Enjoy your meal...
- 1.5 cups of rice,
- 1.5 cups of boiling water,
- 1 onion,
- 1 large carrot,
- 1 red pepper,
- 1 cup canned peas,
- 6-7 tablespoons of sesame oil,
- 6-7 tablespoons of soy sauce,
- 1 egg.
- Wash and drain the rice and take it in a sauce pan,
- Add water, close the lid and cook over low heat until the water evaporates,
- Meanwhile, heat the sesame oil in a large pan,
- Add the chopped onion, diced carrot and pepper and cook, stirring frequently, until they soften,
- Add peas and mix,
- Pull the vegetables to one side of the pan and break the egg into the empty part,
- Stir-fry the egg and mix it with the vegetables,
- Add soy sauce and mix,
- Add rice and mix,
- You can serve it by garnishing it with chopped spring onion.
Enjoy your meal...