Cyprus Dessert Recipe
I wanted to suggest an alternative dessert to baklava. Looking at the recipe, the Cyprus dessert does not cause any concern. In the first place, it makes you think if it is a cake without flour. But it turns out to be a delicious dessert that you can't think of. Bread crumbs serve as normal flour just fine. Bread crumbs give the cake a granular texture like semolina. Both of them are different for their intended use. In other words, we should not use bread crumbs or bread crumbs. You can make bread crumbs from white or brown bread. Only on or in sesame seeds, black cumin, flax seeds, etc. It must be a bread without seeds.
Its consistency is much darker than normal cake batter, do not worry, the construction phase. It doesn't rise very much like a regular cake, so it doesn't make me think if I did it wrong in the same way. The amount of sherbet is very low, it only soaks the cake, it does not leak from the edges when you take it on a plate, as in a standard dessert with sherbet.
I think its pudding on the real beauty of the dessert. It makes the dessert quite light.
If you have the opportunity to try the recipe, please do not forget to share its photo in the comments. Finally, don't forget to check out the breadcrumb recipe.
- 2 eggs,
- 2 tbsps sugar,
- 1,5 cup milk,
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil,
- 2 cups bread crumbs,
- 1/2 cup grated coconut,1/2 cup chopped walnuts,
- 5 dried figs, finley chopped,
- 10 g baking powder.
- 1 cup sugar,
- 1,5 cup water.
- 4 cups milk,
- 1 cup flour,
- 1 egg,
- 1 cup sugar,
- 1 tbsp butter,
- 20 g sugar vanilin.
- 1/2 cup grated coconut.
- For syrup combine water and sugar in a sauce pan,
- Cook constantly stirring, until boiling,
- Cook in low heat for 10 mins. after it starts to boil (you don't need to stir),
- For cake beat eggs and sugar untşk creamy,
- Add milk and oil and beat,
- Add bread crumbs and baking powder and stir with a spatula (it will be a bit solid),
- Add coconut, walnut and figs and stir,
- Grease a 30*22 cm baking pan and pour the dough,
- Bake in a 180 C degrees pre-heated oven until toothpick comes clean,
- While cake is baking prepare the pudding,
- Beat milk, egg and flour in a sauce pan,
- Cook constantly stirring until set,
- Remove from heat and add butter and sugar vanilin, beat,
- Beat frequantly until the pudding come to room temperature,
- Remov the cake from oven and set aside for 10 mins.,
- Then pour syrup over,
- Pour pudding over,
- Top with grated coconuts,
- Set aside for 2 hours in the fridge before serving.