Baked Crispy Zucchini Fries
I have a delicious crispy zucchini recipe for you today. Moreover, it is practical. You just chop the zucchini, find eggs and flour and throw them in the oven, the oven does the rest anyway. Our crispy zucchini slices in the oven have a slight flaw, however. It should be consumed immediately after cooking. As they wait, the zucchinis soften because they release water. But when they come out of the oven, they have an incredible crunch, you can't get enough of them.
Of course, it is a different beauty that they are cooked in the oven without oil and they are so crispy. They are not considered very innocent, not so much flour, breadcrumbs flour, etc. but at least there is no oil in these crispy zucchini slices.
If you can't find parmesan cheese, you can also use old cheddar. If not, don't use cheese. It will not taste as aromatic as it is with Parmesan, but this does not affect its crispiness. I made yogurt with mint and garlic as a sauce. You can consume it with any sauce you like. Ketchup, mayonnaise, mustard, hot sauce... whatever comes to your mind, I'm sure they'll all look good.
It will be a nice side dish next to the grills. I think it will be very good on fish tables. It will be a good snack on its own as it is eaten like a snack.
Enjoy the recipe...
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced into skinny sticks
- 1 large egg, beaten,
- 1 cup of flour,
- 1 cup of bread crumbs,
- 2 tbsp. of grated parmesan cheese,
- Salt and pepper, to taste.
- Preheat oven to 190 C,
- Set a parchement paper in a baking sheet, set aside,
- In a small bowl, beat egg with salt and pepper with a fork until frothy,
- In a third bowl place flour,
- In another bowl mix bread crumbs with parmesan cheese,
- Dip the zucchini sticks into the flour, then egg, and then into the bread crumb mixture,
- Make sure all sides get coated well,
- Place the sticks on the prepared baking sheet,
- Bake at 190 C for about 20 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy,
- Serve warm with Ranch dressing, marinara sauce, or just as is.