- 2 cups crumbled stale cake
For the custard;
- 2 cups milk,
- 1 tablespoon flour,
- 1 tablespoon starch,
- 3 tablespoon sugar,
- 1 tablespoon butter,
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract.
- Place the flour and starch in a saucepan,
- Add the milk slowly while whisking,
- Put over medium heat and stir constantly until thickened,
- Add the sugar and butter and cook for 1-2 mins while stirring,
- Remove from heat, add the vanilla and whisk well,
- Distribute half of the custard among dessert dishes,
- Sprinkle half of the stale cake crumbles over the custard,
- Distribute the rest of the custard above the cake layer,
- Sprinkle the rest of the cake crumbles on top.
Note: I prepared two really big servings with these ingredient amounts. You can get more servings by preparing the parfait in smaller dishes.