Cake Parfait Recipe
I keep the leftover cake crumbs from the Mole Cake in the freezer for emergency use. By the way, the emergency situation is not the sudden arrival of guests, but my wife suddenly saying that there is no dessert in the house. This dessert appeared in one of those "emergency" situations. I took the cake crumbs out of the freezer and pressed the bag in my hand, causing the crumbs to break apart and put them in the refrigerator section. The cakes were even ready to be used until I cooked the pudding.
Only 2 min. then the desserts were ready. I have prepared in large glasses. That's why only 2 servings came out with these ingredients. But if you prepare it in normal sized cups, 4 will come out easily. You can add your favorite flavors such as mastic gum and coconut into the pudding. You can even place fruits such as bananas and strawberries in between. I give the basis of the dessert, the rest is up to your creativity, in short.
- 2 cups crumbled stale cake
For the custard;
- 2 cups milk,
- 1 tablespoon flour,
- 1 tablespoon starch,
- 3 tablespoon sugar,
- 1 tablespoon butter,
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract.
- Place the flour and starch in a saucepan,
- Add the milk slowly while whisking,
- Put over medium heat and stir constantly until thickened,
- Add the sugar and butter and cook for 1-2 mins while stirring,
- Remove from heat, add the vanilla and whisk well,
- Distribute half of the custard among dessert dishes,
- Sprinkle half of the stale cake crumbles over the custard,
- Distribute the rest of the custard above the cake layer,
- Sprinkle the rest of the cake crumbles on top.
Note: I prepared two really big servings with these ingredient amounts. You can get more servings by preparing the parfait in smaller dishes.