Today we have the softest bread of the world; Japanese tangzhong bread. In fact, tangzhong is not the name of the bread but the method used and the dough made with flour and water.
It’s really soft, as soft as clouds and soo delicious. It’s a good bread to spread something over. You can also make toasts with it. The best feature of it is the taste and consistency don’t change for at least two days.
It is believed that there are formulas of success in the kitchen and that only these formulas will make you successful. For example, someone who has a good kitchen skills tells his secret as adding some sugar to everything. But believe me, success in the kitchen isn’t it. It’s not possible to create wonders just to do one thing. You must pay attention to everything, give yourself to your work and be patient.
The secret of this bread can also be seen as tangzhong, but you if do not use the ingredients in the appropriate ratio, if you don’t knead dough well, if you do not rest it in the required amount, the tangzhong method won’t work. Therefore, as always, give attention to every step of the recipe.
Enjoy the recipe…
- 1/2 cup water,
- 1 tbsp flour.
- 1 egg,
- 1 tbsp water.
- 3/4 cup warm milk,
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons of instant yeast,
- 1 egg,
- The tangzhong you prepared,
- 1 tbsp butter at room temperature,
- 3-3.5 cups of flour,
- 1 teaspoon salt.
- For Tangzhong, mix the flour and water in a pan to a smooth consistency,
- Cook by stirring continuously in a medium heat,
- Take off from the heat and wait until it cools down completely,
- Mix the yeast, sugar and milk in a deep bowl for the dough,
- Add the egg and tangzhong and mix,
- Begin to knead by slowly adding flour,
- Add salt and butter after using half of the flour,
- Add the remaining flour little by little and knead until you get a non-sticky dough,
- Knead for 15-20 min. more,
- Cover the dough with plastic wrap and set aside for 45 mins.
- Knead the dough again and cut into four pieces,
- Roll one of the pieces and extend into dessert plate size,
- Fold into the middle from two sides,
- Make a roll and place into a greased 24 cm cake mold,
- Prepare the other pieces in the same way and place in the mold,
- Cover it in a warm place for 30-40 minutes,
- Beat the egg with water and brush the bread with it,
- Bake in a preheated oven at 190 ° C until nicely browned.