Potato Patties Recipe
Potato patties are one of my favorite side dishes. It's like a combination of french fries and mashed potatoes. It's as soft as a mash but crunchy like a roast. I especially prefer it with meat, chicken and fish dishes that I grill or bake. I console myself that it doesn't hurt to eat fried food with a light main course.
I'm not that crazy about frying anyway. But this is the soul, sometimes it wants. At such times, I make my frying in a non-stick pan with as little oil as possible. So much so that when the frying process is finished, there is no oil in the pan. I take the fries out on a strainer, not on a paper towel, so that the oil drains well.
Even if I fry it, I always eat yogurt or drink ayran with it. I don't know what the scientific explanation is, but it reduces the stomach discomfort caused by eating something oily. If you don't like to eat plain yogurt, you can add mint or dill to strained yogurt and consume it as a sauce alongside your fries.
Enjoy the recipe...
- 3 large potatoes,
- 2 egg,
- 3 table spoons of bread crumbs,
- 1/2 cup of chopped parsley,
- Salt to taste,
- 1 cup of bread crumbs to cover,
- Vegetable oil to fry.
- Boil the potatoes until tender, drain and peel,
- Smash potatoes,
- In a large bowl mix smashed potatoes, 1 egg, 3 table spoons of bread crumbs, parsley and salt well,
- Make patties of any size you like,,
- In another bowl beat the remaining egg,
- Sop the patties first in egg then cover with bread crumbs,
- In a large skillet pan heat vegetable oil,
- Fry patties,
- Turn upside down and fry the other side,
- Remove to a sieve to drain the extra oil.