- 500 g medium fat ground beef,
- 1 onion, grated,
- 1 egg,
- 1 handful of finely chopped parsley,
- 2 tablespoons bread crumbs,
- 1/2 tsp black pepper,
- 1/2 tsp cumin,
- Vegetable oil for frying.
- 400 g mushrooms,
- 1 red pepper,
- 1 tablespoon butter,
- 1 tsp flour,
- 200 ml of heavy cream,
- Black pepper.
- Combine ground beef, grated onion, egg, bread crumbs, parsley, salt and spices in a deep bowl, knead until you get a homogenous mixture,
- Make small meatballs,
- In a large pan heat the vegetable oil,
- Place the meatballs in the oil and fry both sides,
- For the sauce, heat the butter in a large pan,
- Add the chopped peppers and mushrooms and cook until tender,
- Add flour and stir,
- Add the heavy cream, salt and pepper and cook for a few mins., then remove from heat,
- Place the koftes in a large serving plates, pour the sauce over,
- You can decorate with basil, parsley or dill.