This is an all in one recipe: picture-perfect, delicious yet simple to make. These pastries turn out super fluffy and yummy. There is only one flaw to them: The fluffiness and softness last only one day. So I would strongly suggest that you serve them the same day you make them. Believe me, you will not regret. I hope you give this recipe a try.
- 75 gr. baking powder,
- 2 cups plain yoghurt,
- 1 cup vegetable oil,
- 3 teaspoons salt,
- 5 cups all purpose flour,
- 1 cup bread crumbs,
- 2 cups crumbled feta cheese,
- 2 tablespoons black cumin seeds,
- Whisk together the yoghurt, vegetable oil, salt and baking powder in a large bowl,
- Add the flour slowly and carefully and mix with you hands until you get a soft non-sticky dough,
- For the filling, mix together the cheese and the black cumin seeds,
- Pull clementine-size pieces out of the dough, place 2 teaspoons of filling in the centre and mold the dough around the filling to form smooth balls,
- Dip the balls in bread crumbs and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper,
- Bake in an oven preheated to 180 degrees Celsius until golden brown.