Loquat Kebab Recipe
Loquat kebab is one of the popular tastes of Gaziantep cuisine. Gaziantep is located in Sout East part of Turkey. It is where you can eat the best baklava and kebab ever. In Gaziantep they can make kebaps with almost anything. Loquat kebab is a good example for this. In Gaziantep they generally prepare it as sish kebabs and cook it on grill. But baking is also not rare.
Can we use ground beef?
You can use ground beef or ground lamb meat. But since there is no other ingredients other than salt and pepper or extra oil in the kebab mixture, it is more suitable to use ground lamb meat which is more fragrant, flavored and fatty. Likewise, the flavor of lamb and the loquat come together , they create both a contrast and integrity. However, if you are not fond of the smell of lamb, you can use a half-lamb half beef mixture. If you do not like or hate it, you can use ground beef. To comply with the method, it is not necessary to throw back the taste buds.
A dish that is both simple to prepare and very eye-catching at the table is the loquat kebab. It is not a meal that can be made continuously due to the seasonal limitation, but it can be made several times in the season and loquats may be more included in the kitchen. I used to say that it is a full guest dinner, but there is no longer any guests. Let's say it's a special day meal. It is suitable for a birthday celebration or an anniversary.
Enjoy the recipe...
- 500 g ground lamb meat,
- 12 loquats,
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper,
- Cut the loquats in half so that the ends are not fully separated and remove the seeds,
- Knead ground meat, black pepper and salt in a bowl,
- Divide the ground meat into 12 equal pieces and place each piece in the form of a ball in the middle of loquats,
- Place the loquats in a baking dish,
- Bake in a preheated oven at 190 degrees until golden brown.