Kagit Kebabi Recipe
I used to call this recipe as Kebab in Parchment Paper Recipe, which is the direct translation from Turkish. But I decided to rename as it is original. I think it makes more sense as no one would know its English name and no one would search with the old name. If you have eaten this in Turkey, you would probably search this one as Kagit Kebabi and that would be the main reason why you are here right now.
Kagit Kebabi is my favorite method of cooking meat. There is no hassle. You wrap the meat with your favorite vegetables in greaseproof paper and put it in the oven, and you have peace of mind for 1 hour. Prepare your rice or salad during this time. You can cook meat at the same speed and at the same softness only in a pressure cooker. Then there is the trouble of washing the pressure cooker.
I also wrap them in aluminum foil. In this way, I prevent the risk of water flowing. Even the tray I use does not get dirty. If you are in favor of difficult-looking but easy meals, this recipe is for you. Especially if you complete it with the beautiful menu below, a feast of taste will emerge.
Enjoy the recipe...
- 500g of beef / lamb cut into bite-size pieces,
- 2 large potatoes,
- 2 carrots,
- 2 cups canned peas,
- 2 tablespoons of tomato paste,
- 1 teaspoon of water,
- 1/2 teaspoon of oil,
- Black pepper.
- Peel and dice the potatoes,
- Peel and chop the carrots,
- In a deep mixing bowl, mix meat, potatoes, carrots and peas with vegetable oil,
- Whisk the tomato paste, water, salt and pepper in a small sauce bowl,
- Pour this mixture over the meat and vegetable mixture and mix,
- Cut 6 large rectangular pieces of wax paper,
- Divide the mixture into 6 equal parts on greaseproof paper,
- Close the greaseproof papers by folding them and curling them at the edges,
- Wrap your paper kebabs in aluminum foil and place them on the baking tray,
- Bake the tray in a preheated oven at 210 C degrees for 1 hour.