Chocolate Covered Black Mulberry Muffins Recipe
There is no question about its taste, but before you get to its taste, a recipe that blows your mind with its appearance is chocolate covered black mulberry muffin. Chocolate coating is not made by melting my chocolate and pouring it over the muffins, as you can imagine, a different method is used.
After the muffins are baked in silicone molds, they are removed from the molds. Molds are washed and dried. Then the melted chocolate is distributed into the molds and the muffins are put back into the molds, into the chocolate and pressed. You do not need to pour the chocolate into the molds, when you press the muffins, the chocolate already rises from the edges.
I used cream instead of milk and butter, as I usually do in fruit cakes. Those who have tried my strawberry and lemon bundt cake and bundt cake with forest fruits are familiar with this method. It gives the cake an incredibly pleasant texture.
After preparing your chocolate-covered black mulberry muffins, you can store them at room temperature in not too hot weather. But if the weather is very hot and the chocolate is melting, it will be more convenient to store it in the refrigerator.
- 2 eggs,
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar,
- 100 gr. heavy cream,
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil,
- 1,5 cups flour,
- 2 teaspoons baking powder,
- 1 cup mulberries,
- 200 gr. milk chocolate.
- Whisk together the eggs and sugar until frothy,
- Whisk in the heavy cream and oil,
- Stir in the flour and baking powder,
- Coat the mulberries with 1 tablespoon of flour and incorporate them into the batter using a spatula,
- Pour the batter into muffin molds,
- Bake at 180 degrees celsius preheated oven until golden,
- Let them come to room temperature then remove the muffins from the molds,
- Wash and dry the molds,
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave,
- Evenly distribute the melted chocolate into the molds,
- Then place the muffins back into the molds and press them down to get the sides of muffins covered with chocolate,
- Place the molds into the freezer for 20 mins,
- Remove from the freezer and store them at room temperature.