Today, I’m sharing a must-try recipe with you. Not only it’s quite unique, but it’s also relatively simple to make compared to a lot of other dessert recipes. There is hardly anything that can go wrong since the recipe does not involve any complicated steps.
I used only 1 teaspoon of cinnamon since I don’t like dominant cinnamon flavor in my desserts however if you like it, please feel free to add 2 teaspoons. You can substitute the walnuts with any other nuts you like or you can even leave them completely out. It’s totally up to you. Feel free to play around with simple recipes like this to accustom them to your own taste.
Some of you might like to pour some chocolate ganache on top like I did in my chocolate mosaic cake. Go ahead and do it if you like, although I prefer mine without.
- 7 medium carrots,
- 200 gr. petit beurre biscuits (or any other butter biscuits you like),
- 1 cup granulated sugar,
- 100 gr. butter,
- 1 cup finely ground walnuts,
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon.
- Grate the carrots,
- Place the carrots and sugar in a large saucepan and cook over medium heat until the carrots are softened,
- Remove from heat and let cool,
- Melt the butter,
- Break the biscuits into chunks,
- Pour melted butter over the biscuits and add the carrots, walnuts and cinnamon,
- Mix everything together with your hands trying not to break the biscuits,
- Pour the batter into a cake pan covered with plastic wrap and press to even out,
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours,
- Invert on a serving platter and remove the plastic wrap.