Turkish Style Tiramisu
In Turkey, tiramisu is generally made this way, with pasta. But the original is made with biscotti savoiardi, as a matter of fact. But if you ask me, it seems to be a little more delicious when made with pasta. In fact, I think if the Italians tasted this version, they would think why we couldn't think of it before :)
You can buy the pastry shop ready or you can make it yourself at home with my cocoa sponge cake recipe. You can make your job easier by making the sponge cake a day in advance. But of course, making tiramisu is spread over 3 days in this way. You should keep it in the fridge for 1 night because after you prepare it. When it is left on, its flavor also increases, and its consistency becomes better. If you don't have to, let it rest for 1 night in the fridge to serve it on the same day.
As you can see from the photo, the cream is quite plentiful. I helped so much cream stay on the cake with a clamp mold. If you don't have a cuffed heart, you can use any tray that can fit the sponge cake. Or, you can thicken the cream by increasing the amount of flour or reducing the amount of labneh, so that the cream stays on the sponge cake more easily.
Enjoy the recipe...
- 2 layers of thin store bought sponge cake,
- 5 cups whole milk,
- 2 eggs,
- 6 tablespoons flour,
- 6 tablespoon granulated sugar,
- 3-4 drops of vanilla extract,
- 200 gr. low-fat cream cheese,
- 4 teaspoons instant coffee,
- Unsweetened cocoa powder.
- Whisk together the flour, sugar and eggs in 4 cups of milk in a pan,
- Cook over low heat until thickened,
- Remove from heat and stir until it cools down, then add the vanilla and softened cream cheese and whisk,
- Dissolve the instant coffee in 1 cup of warm milk,
- Moisten the bottom layer of the sponge cake using half of this mixture and a tablespoon,
- Spread half of the frosting you prepared on top of the bottom layer,
- Top the bottom layer with the top layer of the sponge cake, and moisten it with the rest of the coffee / milk mixture,
- Cover the cake with the rest of the frosting,
- Using a fine sieve, sprinkle some cocoa powder on top of the cake,
- Refrigerate overnight before serving.