One of the most delicious dishes that can be prepared with broccoli in the shortest time is this broccoli salad. If you use canned roasted peppers, the only thing you should do is to boil the broccoli. The rest of the recipe is all about putting the ingredients together and mixing them.
How to prevent broccoli to change color?
There is not much to talk about when the recipe is that simple, but let me share a tip about cooking broccoli. First of all, do not boil the broccoli more than necessary to keep it vibrant green. There is no way to turn back if it change color because of overcooking. When you drain the broccoli after it is fully softened but still in a vibrant green color, rinse it with cold water, the color will not change and will remain vibrant. This vibrant color also makes the broccoli look more appetizing.
By the way, if you have cauliflower on hand, you can add cauliflower to the salad. It will look good in terms of both taste and color.
You can serve the salad alongside any meal, but according to my personal taste, it goes better with fish dishes than anything else. For example, with grilled bream or baked bonito, you can prepare a delicious and fulling menu.
Enjoy the recipe…
- 500 g broccoli,
- 3 roasted red peppers,
- 1/2 cup canned corn,
- 1/2 lemon juice,
- Salt to taste,
- Olive oil.
- Take broccoli in a sauce pan,
- Add water to cover the broccoli,
- Simmer until soft and drain,
- Rinse the broccoli with cold water and drain,
- After the water is completely drained, divide it into small pieces and take it in a bowl,
- Chop the roasted peppers into small pieces and add to the broccoli,
- Add corn, lemon juice, salt and olive oil, mix and take into a serving plate.