Sautéed Broccoli With Peanuts
Broccoli with peanuts is a recipe inspired by Far Eastern cuisine. It has a soy sauce based sauce. It's slightly sweet and slightly hot. Of course, you can change the direction of flavor by increasing the the desired ingredients. While doing this, you should increase the amount of the ingredients little by little and taste them. Otherwise, with a little hand tremor, you may get a taste that you will not like.
Since the broccoli is also cooked with sauce, be careful not to boil it too much beforehand. Otherwise, it may disperse while cooking with the sauce.
You can also use cashews instead of peanuts in the recipe. They can be raw or roasted, but they must be unsalted. Soy sauce is already a salty sauce and its salt is enough for the dish. Adding another salty ingredient to the food will make it too salty.
You can eat the dish on its own, or serve it as an accompaniment to chicken dishes such as baked chicken parmesan bites, meat dishes such as çöp şiş, or vegetable dishes such as vegan mushroom schnitzel. If you want to serve it as a main course, you can make steamed rice on the side.
You can use powdered ginger instead of fresh ginger, but I recommend you to use fresh ginger as much as you can as it will not give you the fresh aroma of fresh ginger.
Enjoy the recipe...
Sautéed Broccoli With Peanuts with Video
- 500 g of broccoli,
- 1 sweet red pepper,
- 1 hot red pepper,
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil,
- 1 clove of garlic,
- 1/4 cup of soy sauce,
- 1 tablespoon of fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon of brown sugar,
- 1 teaspoon of cornstarch,
- 1 cup of water at room temperature,
- 1/2 cup of unsalted peanuts.
- Separate the broccoli into florets and place them into a sauce pan,
- Add enough water to cover them and simmer until slightly soften and then drain,
- Take olive oil, finely chopped sweet red pepper and finely chopped hot red pepper into a large pan and stir fry until tender,
- Mix water and cornstarch in a bowl and add it to the pan,
- Add soy sauce, fish sauce and brown sugar and mix,
- Add the drained broccoli and mix,
- Cook, stirring, until the sauce thickens,
- Add peanuts, mix and remove from heat.
Enjoy your meal...