Baked Kofta (Tepsi Koftesi) Recipe
Tepsi köftesi (tray kofte) is one of the most effortless köfte recipes. There is no need to make balls one by one and fry them in oil again one by one. After preparing the köfte mixture, you spread it on the tray and place it in the oven. While it's baking, whether you make salad or rice, of course, it's up to you. You can even make getaways like crispy fries.
You can change the vegetables in the kofte as you wish. But what you should not forget is that you should choose vegetables that can be cooked during the cooking time of the kofte, and they must be in a size that can be cooked during this time or subject to some pre-cooking. For example, potatoes and carrots are risky vegetables. No matter how small you chop, they are likely to remain raw. Therefore, if you absolutely want to use them, you can semicook them beforehand to eliminate this risk.
Enjoy the recipe...
- 500 g ground beef / lamb,
- 1 onion, grated
- 1 egg,
- 2 tablespoons bread crumbs,
- 1 tsp black pepper,
- 1 tsp cumin,
- Salt to taste,
- 1 red pepper, chopped finely,
- 1 green pepper, chopped finely,
- 1 cup canned peas.
- Add the onion, egg, bread crumbs, salt and spices into the ground meat and stir well with your hands until you get a homogenous mixture,
- Add chopped peppers and peas and knead one more time,
- Place a wax paper in a large baking pan,
- Arrange the kofte mixture into the baking pan evenly,
- Bake in a 200 C degrees pre-heated oven until brown on top.