Restaurant Style Ezogelin Soup Recipe
I already have an Ezogelin soup. I wanted to share also a restaurant style one because it is quite suitable for reusing the pilav. I wrote the recipe supposing you don't have pilav at home. But if you made pilav the previous day and you have some in the fridge, instead of boiling rice, you can use your already cooked pilav. You can also use bulgur instead of rice and bulgur pilav instead of rice pilav.
You can use water istead of broth but it would be tastier with broth. You can also use broth intead of water, but it would be a little heavier.
The most suitable spices for lentil are thym, mint and cumin, but this will vary according to your taste. It would be meaningless to add thyme if you don't like the thyme. You can also add some pepper flakes while cooking or serving, if you like hot.
Also, the water amound would change according to the ingredients you use, so please use the amount of water that the soup wants, not the recipe.
Enjoy the recipe...
- 1 cup of red lentils,
- 5 tablespoons rice,
- 1 onion, chopped,
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste,
- 2 cups of meat or chicken broth,
- 3 cups of water at room temperature,
- 4-5 tablespoons vegetable oil,
- 1 teaspoon thyme,
- 1 teaspoon mint,
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin,
- 1/2 lemon juice.
- Take the rice into a saucepan and add 2 cups of water and cook until soft, then drain,
- In a different pan heat vegetable oil, add onion and sautee until tender,
- Add the tomato paste and roast until smalls good,
- Add the lentils and stir,
- Add the water and broth and stir and cook until the lentils are fully cooked,
- Pulse with a hand blender until smooth,
- Add the rice and cook for a few more minutes (add hot water until you get the consistency you need)
- Add the thyme, mint, cumin, salt and lemon juice and mix and remove from the heat.