Acma Pastry Recipe
Yes!, I am with you again after a 2-day break. In the "what should I post tomorrow" survey I organized on Facebook on Friday, opening was the recipe that received the most votes. Although I was supposed to publish this recipe on Saturday, I had a busy weekend and I didn't even have time to turn on my computer, believe me.
I was just saying that we eat pastries at sahur. Hah, here's one of those pastries:) It's a soft, perfect recipe for sahur. Of course, I call it sahur, because we are in Ramadan now. It is a great option for your breakfasts, your days and your guests after Ramadan.
By the way, let me tell you, black cumin seed is a very useful seed. Try to use it in any pastry you can use. In addition, if you put it in a small container somewhere close to your hand, you can put 1-2 in your mouth and chew. However, consuming more than 2 grams a day is harmful.
With the following quantities, 14 trenches were found, the size of those sold in the patisserie. You can adjust the size according to your own wish. It's a little tricky to shape. At least that's how it was for me :) Even though they look shapeless before cooking, they straighten up as they swell very well, don't worry.
- 6 cups of flour,
- 1 cup of warm milk,
- 1 cup of warm water,
- 1/2 cup of vegetable oil,
- 42 gr. of fresh yeast,
- 2 tablespoons of sugar,
- 1/2 tablespoon of salt,
- 100 gr. of butter at room temperature,
- For the top: 1 egg yolk, sesame seeds, black cumin seeds.
- Mix together the flour, sugar and salt in a large bowl,
- Form a cavity in the center,
- Add the water, milk, vegetable oil and yeast slowly and mix with your hands to form a soft dough,
- Knead the dough well for 2 mins and form a smooth ball,
- Cover the dough and let it rest somewhere warm for 1 hour,
- Pull clementine-size pieces out of the dough,
- Dip your hands into vegetable oil to prevent the dough from sticking,
- Place 1 teaspoon of butter in the center of each piece and mold the dough around it to form smooth balls,
- Place each ball on the kitchen counter and press with your hands to roll it out to the size of a small dessert plate,
- Roll the dough from one side to form a tube,
- Pinch the two sides of the tube together to seal and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper,
- Cover and let rest for 20-25 mins,
- Brush with egg yolk beaten with some vegetable oil,
- Sprinkle sesame seeds and black cumin seeds on top,
- Bake in an oven pre-heated to 200 degrees Celsius until golden brown.