We are enjoying the month ramadan in muslim world right now. So, we are cooking and baking ramadan recipes at homes. For Turkey ramadan pide and güllaç are the most important ramadan foods.
Previously I shared two different ramadan pide recipes; ramadan pide recipe and crispy ramadan pide recipe. As I recently started sourdough recipes, I try to make everything with sourdough. So, it was inevitable for me not to share a sourdough ramadan pide during ramadan.
Ramadan pide is a really appropriate bread for eating with soup or with Turkish breakfast. You can make delicious sandwiches with it also.
I have one more thing to mention. In those recipes which you use just the egg yolk you need back up recipes for egg white. I want to share a couple of recipes to use egg whites;
Enjoy the recipe…
- 120 g of active sourdough starter,
- 300 g of standard white flour,
- 200 g of cold water,
- 1 teaspoon of salt,
- 1 egg yolk and 1 tbsp of water for topping,
- Sesame seeds and nigella seeds for topping.
- Combine starter, water and flour in a deep bowl and knead a little bit,
- Cover it with plastic wrap and let it rest for 30 minutes,
- Take the dough on the counter, sprinkle salt over and knead for 3-4 mins., put back to the bowl,
- Cover with plastic wrap and and set aside for 1 hour,
- Taking from bottom to top fold the dough 10-15 times, cover again and set aside,
- Make this folding 2 times more with 1 hour rest between each time,
- Cover the dough and set aside in the fridge for 24 hours,
- Take the dough on the counter, knead again and give a round shape,
- Place the pide into a baking tray covered with a wax paper and set aside for 2 hours,
- Mix egg yolk and water together and brush the top of the pide,
- Make a circle pressing with your fingers 1-2 cm inside the pita, then diamond shapes in the middle,
- Sprinkle sesame seeds and nigella seeds over,
- Bake in a 200 C degrees pre-heated oven until golden.