Turkish Bakery Poğaça Recipe
Today I have a delicious pastry recipe that is crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside. Since I've been on a diet for a while, I look at the photos the way a cat looks at the liver. Since I know its taste, you can be sure that it has a greater effect on me than it does on you. It's a very greasy pastry, but this is in the nature of pastry shops, unfortunately. The fatter the tastier.
A total of 200 g butter and 100 ml cream are used in the recipe, don't even make an offer.
The pastries are also very thick and delicious the next day, but I don't know how long they will last as they don't come out on the third day. Like any pastry, you can freeze it after cooking. When you want to use it, you can take it to the refrigerator and thaw it 1 night before and serve it by taking it to room temperature at least 2 hours before serving. This also applies to all types of pastries.
Unlike other pastry recipes, mahleb is used in plain patisserie pastry. Mahlep gives the pastry dough the smell of pastry dough. Although it is not necessary for its consistency, it is necessary for its taste and smell. Therefore, I recommend that you stick to the recipe in this regard.
Enjoy the recipe...
- 200g butter at room temperature,
- 1/2 cup of liquid cream,
- 1/2 cup of milk,
- 2 eggs (the yolk of one is used for the top),
- 10g of instant powder yeast,
- 4 - 4.5 cups of flour,
- 1 tablespoon of sugar,
- 1/2 teaspoon mahleb,
- 1 teaspoon of salt.
- 1 egg yolk,
- 1/4 teaspoon of sugar,
- 1/2 teaspoon of water.
- Heat the cream and milk (do not boil),
- Add yeast, sugar and mahleb into it and mix,
- Add butter, egg and egg white and mix,
- Add the flour gradually and start kneading,
- Add flour and knead until you get a very soft dough that does not stick to the hand, adding salt from time to time,
- Make a ball of dough, cover it with cling film and let it rest for 30-45 minutes, until the dough rises well,
- Knead the dough again, make small balls from tangerines, press them with your hands and place them on the baking tray (you do not need to oil or lay out greaseproof paper),
- Rest for another 30 minutes,
- Flatten it by pressing it,
- Beat egg yolk, sugar and water,
- Spread the mixture on the buns and make streaks with the back of the fork,
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 C degrees until they turn golden brown.