This was a project I had dreamed of for a very long time. Preparing a tiramisu where everything is done by myself. I actually realized this dream a long time ago, but somehow I forgot to share it.
Those who do not like to cook, please close the page immediately before going to the recipe. Because cheese takes a long time to make, it is necessary to start the preparations 3-4 days in advance. It almost turns into science lesson projects that teachers give to children.
For those who like to spend time in the kitchen, it is an incredibly enjoyable process. You spend a few exciting days in the kitchen, wondering if the cheese will keep the consistency or if the biscuits will swell.
The result is incredibly beautiful. While you are eating the bite you take in your mouth, you both enjoy the taste, you are happy that your effort was not wasted, and you are proud of yourself.
Homemade cheese and biscuit recipes that you can use in the recipe are as follows;
Enjoy the recipe...
- 24 biscotti savoiardi,
- 1 cup drip coffee,
- Unsweetened cocoa powder,
- 4 egg yolks,
- 1 cup granulated sugar,
- 200 ml heavy cream,
- 400 gr. fresh mascarpone cheese,
- 2 drops almond extract,
- For the filling, place egg yolks and sugar in a metal bowl which you placed on a pot filled with hot water (it is important that the bottom of the bowl doesn't touch the water in the pot), and whisk well,
- Place the pot (with the bowl on top) on medium heat and cook the egg yolks while stirring constantly for 7 mins,
- In another bowl, whisk together the heavy cream and mascarpone,
- Add the cooked egg yolk mixture and almond extract, then whisk everything together,
- Refrigerate the filling for 30 mins,
- Now dip half of the biscottis in warm coffee and place them in a baking dish on a single layer,
- Pour half of the filling over the biscuits and even out,
- Now place the rest of the biscuits perpendicular to the biscuits on the first layer and moisten them with coffee,
- Pour the rest of the filling on top and even out,
- Cover the top with sifted unsweetened cocoa powder and refrigerate overnight.