Easy Chocolate Sauce Cake Recipe
Serving : 6 Servings
For the sponge cake;
- 2 eggs,
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar,
- 3/4 cup starch,
To moisten the sponge cake;
- 1/2 cup milk.
For Topping Cream;
- 100 ml heavy cream,
- 2 scoopful of granutaled sugar.
For the chocolate sauce;
- 80 g chocolate,
- 100 ml heavy cream.
- Crushed pistachios or coconut flakes.
- Separate the egg yolks and whites,
- Beat the egg whites until you get stiff peaks,
- Cream together the egg yolks and sugar until white and frothy,
- Add the egg yolk mixture to egg whites and fold using a spatula trying not to deflate the egg whites,
- Now add the starch slowly and fold into the batter,
- Pour the smooth batter into a 21X21 cm baking dish,
- Bake at 180 degrees celsius until the top is golden,
- Remove from oven and let it come to room temperature, then moisten it with 1/2 cup milk using a spoon,
- For the sauce heat the cream then remove from heat,
- Add crushed chocolate and stir until melts,
- Set aside to cool,
- For topping cream beat the cream and granulated sugar together until foamy,
- Pour the milk over the cake to moisten,
- First spread the cream over the cake and then pour the chocolate sauce over,
- Decorate with pistachios or coconuts,
- Refrigerate and remove from the fridge 1 hour before serving.