Vinegar Pastry Recipe
I don't remember exactly who gave me this recipe, but when I saw both yeast and baking powder in it, I wasn't sure whether to try it or not. However, my curiosity got the better of me and I gave it a chance. I don't know if the person who first made the recipe thought about it like that, but when I first tasted it, I realized that it had such a beauty. Although it was a leavened dough, the smell of yeast dough was not felt. This may be the purpose of using less yeast and supplementing it with baking powder, or I may be assigning such a meaning to myself :) After all, this is a great pastry recipe for those who do not like the smell of yeast but want to eat it even if it is a soft pastry.
You can use whatever you want as a filling, not only for this pastry, but for all pastries, of course. By the way, you can also use the interior mortar plain. You can sprinkle whatever you want on it, or you can sprinkle nothing at all.
As with all pastries, the most delicious form is the warm form, which has been left for 10-15 minutes after it comes out of the oven. But when it waits for 1 night, it does not become inedible, it is consumed again in a very delicious way. It can be consumed from the 2nd day up to 4-5 days, but it may not be very suitable for serving to the guests.
- 1 egg,
- 150 gr. margarine (melted),
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil,
- 1 tablespoon plain yoghurt,
- 1/2 cup warm milk,
- 2.5 teaspoons rapid-rise yeast,
- 25 gr. baking powder,
- 3 tablespoons vinegar,
- 1/2 tablespoon granulated sugar,
- 2 teaspoon salt,
- All purpose flour,
- For the top: 1 egg yolk, sesame seeds and black cumin seeds,
- For the filling: crumbled feta cheese.
- Mix the yeast, sugar and warm milk in a bowl,
- Whisk together the egg, yeast mixture and all the other wet ingredients in a large bowl,
- Add the salt,
- Mix the baking powder into the flower,
- Add the flour into the wet mixture slowly, mixing and kneading with your hands until you get a smooth soft dough,
- Let the dough rest for 45 mins,
- Pull clementine-sized pieces out of the dough, place some crumbled feta cheese in the centre and mold the dough around the cheese to form smooth balls.
- Brush beaten egg yolk over each ball and sprinkle sesame seeds and black cumin seeds,
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200 degrees Celsius, until golden brown.