Tadelle was the most popular chocolate of my childhood and also my favorite chocolate at that time. Tadelle had a very pleasant aroma with an intense hazelnut flavor. I say "had", because it's been years since I've eaten Tadelle. When I don't eat the snacks that I used to love very much for a while, I stop eating them completely, afraid that it will not taste the same anymore. Because I feel sad when I can't find the old flavor.
Fortunately, it is possible to obtain some flavors at home. I am very lucky that Tadelle is one of them. All it takes is fresh and crunchy hazelnuts and a good quality chocolate. No other ingredient is needed.
Tadelle consists of two layers. It has a chocolate filling with lots of hazelnuts inside and is covered with chocolate on the outside.
The recipe already has very few ingredients, so the quality of the ingredients is very important.
The hazelnuts must be unshelled and roasted. But more importantly, it must be fresh and delicious.
Milk Chocolate or Dark Chocolate?
You can use milk or dark chocolate. In Tadelle, milk chocolate is used (I think there are varieties recently, but my starting point for this recipe is the original version), but if you like dark chocolate more like me, you can also use dark chocolate.
Enjoy the recipe...
- 2 cups of hazelnuts,
- 180 g of chocolate.
- In a food processor pulse the hazelnuts until almost liquid,
- Melt 80 g of chocolate in the microwave,
- Mix the ground hazelnuts and melted chocolate,
- Cover a 15*15 cm container with cling film,
- Pour the mixture into a container and pulace it in the freezer and let it rest until freezes,
- Take it out of the freezer and slice into thin rectangles,
- Melt the rest of the chocolate and let it cool down for a few minutes, pour it over the hazelnut slices and cover the edges as well,
- Place it in the refrigerator and let it rest until the chocolate hardens.