Hazelnut Chocolate Truffle Recipe
Chocolate truffle is one of the most popular recipes of my Turkish blog. This time, I twisted the recipe by placing 1 whole hazelnut in each truffle and the result was outstanding. The dense chocolate flavor combined with the added crunch and taste from the hazelnut made them even more heavenly and delicious. The beautiful heart shape I got when I cut the truffles in half to photograph was a sweet romantic surprise!:)
These little truffles are the best accompany to a cup of tea, but I especially like them with turkish coffee. I hope you give them a try and let me know how you like them.
- 300 g of petit beurre biscuits (or any other biscuits you like),
- 1/2 cup of powdered sugar,
- 25 g of cocoa powder,
- 40 g of butter,
- 25 g of vanilla powder,
- 1 cup of whole hazelnuts,
- 1 cup of milk,
- 80 g of bitter sweet chocolate,
- 80 g of milk chocolate.
- Finely grind the biscuits in a food processor,
- Melt the butter,
- Mix together the ground biscuits, powdered sugar, vanilla powder and cocoa in a large bowl,
- Pour in the melted butter and milk and mix with your hands,
- Pull walnut size pieces from the mixture and place 1 whole hazelnut in the centre of each ball, then mold the mixture around the hazelnut to form smooth balls,
- Melt both kinds of chocolate in the microwave,
- Dip the truffles in the melted chocolate using a spoon,
- Place on a tray lined with parchment paper,
- Decorate with ground pistachio or shredded coconut,
- Refrigerate until the chocolate is set and serve.