Stuffing Pilaf Recipe
It may seem strange to you, but I like to eat stuffed pilaf as a main dish rather than pilaf. So nothing needed next to it, it's not very important to me. Enough with the rice itself. It may be due to the ingredients in it. Also, the stuffed pilaf is delicious the first time it is cooked fresh. Afterwards, no matter how properly heated it is, it does not taste the same. Therefore, when you are going to make stuffed pilaf, do as much as it will be consumed.
Even if normal pilaf is not eaten when increased, it can be used in soup or different dishes. But the stuffed pilaf doesn't have such a chance, unfortunately. The best way to ensure that both your labor and materials are not wasted is to cook them just enough to eat.
You can change some of the ingredients of the stuffing according to your taste. For example, you can increase the pine nuts or currants, remove the parsley, use pepper paste instead of tomato paste, etc. But what you should not do is not to increase the amount of spice. All of the spices used in it are quite strong, and when used excessively, they can dominate the whole taste of the food. Therefore, be sure to stick to the amount on your first try. You see, you are looking for a more spice-flavored flavor, increase the amount in your next trials. But don't be generous by double or triple it. Go in increments of half a measure.
You can strengthen the look and taste by sprinkling freshly chopped parsley on it during service.
Enjoy the recipe...
- 1 cup of rice, washed and drained,
- 1 onion, chopped,
- 1 tsp of tomato paste,
- 1 tbsp of pine nuts,
- 1 tbsp of currants,
- 1/2 tsp of cinnamon,
- 1/2 tsp of black pepper,
- 1 tsp of allspice,
- 2 handful of chopped parsley,
- 1 tbsp of butter,
- 2 tbsps of vegetable oil,
- 2.5 cups of boiling water,
- Salt to taste.
- Heat butter and vegetable oil in a large pan,
- Add onions and fry well,
- Add pine nuts and fry for 1-2 mins.,
- Add tomato paste and stir well,
- Add rice and fry, constantly stirring, for 5 mins.,
- Add cinnamon, black pepper, salt, allspice, currants and parsley and stir,
- Add water, stir,
- Cover the lid and cook until the rice is tender,
- Remove from heat and set aside for 10-15 mins. before serving.